Sanctification 1 Thess 4: 3 CLICK TITLE FOR AUDIO
Sanctification is basically holiness – it is something that affects the vessel [v.4] – it is something to which God has called us [v.7] – it is the will of God [v.3].
Sanctification is a three part process – we are sanctified when we are saved [1 Cor 6:11; 1 Cor 1:30; 2 Thes 2:13] – we are completely and finally sanctified at the rapture when we get our glorified bodies [1 Thes 5:23; 1 Thes 3:13] – and we have to be sanctified now – and that’s what we often forget – we think that since we are secure, though we aren’t perfect, and since we are going to get a glorified body anyway then we can just go on like we always have and God understands – but not so – we need to be sanctified daily; we need holiness.
As one preacher said, “In sanctification your character is changed … sanctification is the fruit of a justified life.” 1 Pet 3:15 sanctify the Lord God in your hearts.
The means of sanctification in a believer’s life is:
- The Spirit of God – 2 Thes 2:13
- The word of God – Jn 17:17, Ps 119:9 – the HOLY Bible – it points out sin
- The blood of God – Heb 13:12 – it cleanses the sin revealed by the word
- The chastisement of God – Heb 12:10
- Yielding to God – Rom6:19, 22
- Separating from evil – 2 Tim 2:16-22, Ps 4:3
- Cleansing yourself – 2 Cor 7:1
Sanctification involves separation from evil and separation to God – so, you must maintain your fellowship with God.