“the act of saving, or
deliverance from destruction”
For salvation to be accomplished three things must be present:
- Something or someone that needs to be saved. (without it’s necessary)
- Something or someone that can save. (without it’s impossible)
- A means to connect the two. (By grace, through faith plus nothing)
Something or someone that needs to be saved
- Rom.3:10,23 “none righteous” “all have sinned”
- Rom.5:12 “by one man sin entered in….death upon all men… all have sinned”
- Rom.6:23 “the wages of sin is death”
- Eph.2:1&5 “dead in trespasses in sins”
- Eph.2:12 “no hope, and without God in the world”
- Heb.9:27 “it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment”
- James 2:10 “keep whole law…offend in one point…guilty of all”
- Gal. 2:16 “man is not justified by the works of the law…”
- Rev.20:11-15 The Judgment
- Rev.21:8 “…unbelieving…and all liars…”
Something or someone that can save.
- Matt.1:21 “He shall save his people from their sins”
- 1Cor.15:1-4 “…by which ye are saved…”
- 2Cor.5:21 “made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin…”
- 1 Tim. 1:15 “came into the world to save sinners;”
- 1 Pet.2:22-24 “no sin…. Bare our sins…”
- 1Pet.3:18 “…bring us to God…”
A means to connect the two.
- John 14:6 “I am the way….”
- 1 Tim.2:5 “…one mediator”
- Eph.2:8-9 By grace, through faith
- Rom.10:9-10,13 call upon his name
- John 1:12 – receive him
- 1 John 5:11-15 life is in his Son, Ask
- Matt.7:7-8 Ask
So, What is your part?
Pray about God’s harvest!
Matthew 9:37-38 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.
You have a
ministry, You have his word!
2 Corinthians 5:18-20 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.
Be Ready to
give an answer!
1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: