Rom. 12:6-8 and 1 Cor.12:7-11
A Spiritual gift is just that, it is a gift. You can’t earn it any more than you can earn your salvation [Eph.2:8-9]. When you are born again you become a new creature [2 Cor.5:17]. You are baptized into the body of Christ [1Cor.12:13]. God has “fitly joined” you into his body [Eph.4:16], so that the gift that you have been given will profit all [1 Cor.12:7]. So whatever gift that you have, has been given by the grace of God and differs from other’s gifts [Rom.12:6].
- Prophecy (what will happen in the future) Do you believe what the Bible says? Do you tell others? You will tell others according to the faith you have in it. [Rev.19:10] “the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy”.
- Ministry (service) to “wait” on our ministering means to keep busy at it, as in a waiter waits on tables. We should not be waiting around to see if something is going to happen.
- Teaching – Attend to it, put in the time and effort to do it well.
- Exhortation (the ability to get folks to act ) [2 Tim. 4:2]
- Giving – with simplicity, cheerfully [2 Cor.9:7], not complicated, nor with expectations
- Ruling ( position of authority) gift of God [Rom.13:1] with diligence [1 Pet.5:1-6]
- Mercy – with cheerfulness, Forgiveness is the most common outlet for mercy, so be happy to forgive someone.
- Word of Wisdom and Word of Knowledge Solomon [2 Chron.1:10-12] A gift asked for in Paul’s prayer [Eph.1:7]
- Faith – Everyone has a different amount [Rom.12:3]
- Healing and Miracles – [Ex.4:1-8] a sign for the Jews, required [1 Cor.1:22]
- Prophecy – already covered above
- Discerning of spirits (ability to know the work of Holy Spirit and not be fooled)
- Divers kinds of Tongues – a sign for unbelievers [1 Cor.14:22-24]
- Interpretation of Tongues – included with the sign of tongues [1 Cor.14:27-28]
1 Tim. 4:14 – “Neglect not the gift that is in thee” It is up to you to discover and put to use[2 Tim.1:6] the spiritual gift you have been given. Find and unwrap your gift!