What if we could see into the Future?
At the end of Ecclesiastes 3:22, Solomon ask an important question regarding man. The question is, “who shall bring him to see what shall be after him?” This gives us an interesting thought, what if we could see into the future? Obviously if we could see into the future then we would do things differently today in order to change the outcome.
The word of God does however give us a glimpse into the future if we pay attention to what is found inside. In this lesson we will see somethings that we must do in order to change our future based on the word of God.
How can we use the word of God to change our future?
1) We must realize that there are somethings that are eternal.
- God is eternal (Psalm 90:1-2).
- Man’s soul (Luke 16:19-31).
- Rewards for your works (1 Corinthians 3:14, saved) (Revelations 20:12, lost).
2) We must realize that what we do now is connected with the above three things.
- Since God is eternal then he is our Judge (Romans 14:7, saved) (Revelation 20:10-15, lost).
- The soul of man goes to Heaven or Hell depending upon what we do with Jesus Christ (John3:17-21).
- Our rewards are based on what we do (2 Corinthians 5:10, saved) (Revelation 20:10-15, lost)
3) We must act today to change the future.
- There is a saying that tomorrow never comes and in one sense this is true, for it is always today. But the reality is that we must act while we have time because our life passes by so fast (James 4:13-17).
Let us then look to the word of God to see the best direction that we can take for our lives today, so that when the future comes we will be pleased with the results that follow.
What if we could see into the Future? (Handout)
1) What is the thought for our lesson from the verse in Ecclesiastes?
2) What can we use to see into the future?
3) What are three things that we must do in order to change our future based on the word of God?