HELL Prov. 15: 11 CLICK TITLE FOR AUDIO
Prov 15:11 Hell and destruction are before the LORD: how much more then the hearts of the children of men?
Hell is real – Jesus preached on it more than he preached on heaven – if you will just search the scriptures, you will see that.
Hell was originally prepared for the devil and his angels – Matt 25:41 – And they wind up there – Is 14:9 Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations. Is 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to Hell, to the sides of the pit. 2 Pet 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to Hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
As it turns out, there will be people there as well, not just the devil and his angels – to name a few:
- Kings – Is 14:9
- The wicked and nations that forget God – Ps 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into Hell, and all the nations that forget God.
- The religious – Mat 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of Hell than yourselves.
- The multitude of those whose favor is in the world – Is 5:14 Therefore Hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it. [plenty of room for more] Prov 27:20 Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied.
- Those who take the mark – Rev 14:9–11 [in the Tribulation]
- Those who reject Christ – Mat 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of Hell?
- The rich – Luke 16:23 And in Hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. From this context we see torment, flame, unquenchable thirst, etc. in hell.
It’s real fire hot enough to burn the earth and mountains [like volcanoes] – Deut 32:22 For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest Hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.
Jesus already went there in your place so that you don’t have to go there – Ps 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in Hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Acts 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in Hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
If you will trust him he will extend his mercy to keep you out of there – Prov 15:24 The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from Hell beneath. Ps 86:13 For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest Hell.
And if you reject him he will throw you in there – Luke 12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into Hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him. Mark 9:43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into Hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched
And if you wind up there you are only coming out to be thrown into a lake of fire – Rev 20:13-15 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and Hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and Hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Don’t go to hell – why would you go to hell with your sins paid for?