The World has changed the definition of these words
1. The power or capacity of enduring; the act of enduring; endurance.
2. The endurance of the presence or actions of objectionable persons, or of the expression of offensive opinions; toleration
3. The amount of variation allowed, i.e. tolerances allowed in manufacturing.
The World’s definition of tolerance is “you are not allowed to disagree with me because that makes you judgmental.
- Matt 7:1-2 We can judge if it is according to the Bible or Jesus Christ (Acts 17:31)
- Eph.5:11 We are to reprove sin
- Proverbs 19:11 We are to use discretion on when to tolerate or reprove
- Our discretion is that “amount of variation allowed” but remember: (James 1:17) there is no variation with God. There are no grey areas in the Bible; it’s all black or white. We thank God for his tolerance with us.
1. To bind by mutual agreement; to agree.
2. To adjust and settle by mutual concessions; to compound.
The World never compromises; we move toward it, we compromise out morals and faith.
Laban and Jacob – Gen.30:25-43, they worked out a mutual agreement.
- 1. Agreement; accord; consent, of a group or council
The World says to use the lowest common denominator, majority rules.
Examples of how messed up you get when you act upon councils or mob rule: Matt. 12:14, 26:59, Mk. 14:55, 15:1, Luke 22:66, Jn.11:47 Decisions in this church, in my house, and every other place are not made by consensus. We have an authority set up by God, remember 1Cor.11:1-3.
- 1. General; universal; as an ecumenical council
The World says “to promote unity among different religions aimed at universal Christian unity.
Have you ever heard of the “One World Religion” that will come in the book of Revelation? It’s coming.
Remember John 14:6, there is only one way. Ephesians 4:5 “One Lord, one faith, one baptism,”
Just try to keep in mind the real definition of each of these words and not let the world alter them. You have the truth, your Bible. Read it, Study it, Believe it, and Live it.