The Intercessory Work of Christ
What is Jesus doing today?
John 19:28-30 His work on earth is finished. All things were now accomplished!
Hebrews 10:12 Where is He? He is sitting at the right hand of God.
John 14:1-3 He is preparing a place for us!
Hebrews 4:14-15 He is our High Priest, he knows our problems!
A PRIEST IS A MEDIATOR, WHO INTERCEDES WITH A JUST GOD ON BEHALF OF GUILTY SINNERS.
1 Timothy 2:5 there is one mediator.
John 14:6 No man cometh unto the Father but by me.
JESUS INTERCEEDED FOR YOU FOR YOUR SALVATION, HE DID NOT RETIRE!
Hebrews 9:24 He NOW appears in the presence of God for us.
Hebrews 7:25 He ever liveth to make intercession for them.
WHAT DOES HE PLEAD FOR FROM GOD ON OUR BEHALF?
- I. Grace The unmerited favor of God
Judgment- God gives you what you deserve.
Mercy- God doesn’t give you what you deserve.
Grace- God gives you what you don’t deserve. (Salvation)
- A. 2 Cor. 12:9 Paul
- B. Heb. 4:16-17 Throne
- C. Eph. 2:6-7 Grace/ kindness not wrath (John 3:18, 36)
- II. Strength
- A. Col. 1:9-11 strengthened with all might according to his power
- B. 1 Peter 5:10 He wants to strengthen you
- C. Philip. 4:13
- III. Keep us from sin and temptation
- A. John 17:15 the evil
- B. Gal. 1:4 evil world
- C. Heb. 13:20-21 God’s will, perfect ….. through HIM
- IV. Forgiveness
- A. 1 John 2:1 advocate
- B. 1 John 1:9
- V. Power to witness
- A. Acts 1:8 Holy Spirit sent for power to witness
- B. John 16:17 Jesus sent Him
- VI. Be conformed to His image
- A. Romans 8:29
- B. Sanctification John 17:14-17
Past- Your spirit- 1 Cor.6:11
Present – Your soul – 2 Cor. 4:16
Future – Your body – Romans 8:21-23
- A. Romans 5:1 Peace with God
- B. Philip. 4:7 Peace of God
- VIII. All your needs
- A. Philip. 4:19