The Samaritan Woman’s Faith John 4:25-30 CLICK TITLE FOR AUDIO
THE SAMARITAN WOMAN’S FAITH
The way this woman responded to the words of God and the revelation of Jesus Christ is a remarkable example of what we should look for in those to whom we are witnessing and also a great example of how we should respond to God.
- She believed God’s words– v.25
- Messiah cometh – Dan. 9
- He’s Christ – Jn. 1:20-25; Jn. 1:41
- He’s the prophet – Deut. 18
- She received Jesus’ testimony – v.26
Not even the disciples did that good (Jn.20:24-25). She’s more like Nathaniel and the blind man Jn. 9:35-36.
- She restrained her flesh – v.27
Like Rahab, Jos. 2; unlike Potiphar’s wife, Gen. 39
- She deferred her distractions – v.28
That’s what folks fail to do in listening to witnessing (experiences). Compare disciples – left nets, left family, left all.
Also realize of the water of life she never physically drank.
- She witnessed to her friends – v.28-29
Her “sphere of influence.” She was unashamed, Rom. 1. She did works meet for repentance, Acts 26.
Conclusion: v. 30, they went to see for themselves. We need to witness so that they will come to Jesus. Acts 1:8