Genesis 1:24-28 The Trinity CLICK TITLE FOR AUDIO
THE CREATION OF ANIMALS
In day 5, the waters brought forth the fowl and the fish. Now, in day 6, the earth brings forth the cattle, creeping things, and the beasts. Cattle include domestic animals like herds of cattle and swine, and flocks of sheep and goats. Creeping things include locusts, beetles, grasshoppers, weasels, turtles, lizards, etc. Beasts include wild animals like lions, tigers, bears, hippopotamuses, etc.
THE CREATION OF MAN
God created man in the image of God. God said, “Let us make man in our image.” Notice the pronouns are plural. Therefore, God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are all involved in the creation. And yet they are not multiple gods, rather they are the same God in three persons.
Look at some of the verses that show there is but one true God:
- Deut. 6: 4 “The LORD our God is one LORD”
- Is. 43: 11 “I … am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour”
- Eph. 4: 6 “One God and Father of all”
- 1 Cor. 8: 4 “… there is none other God but one“
- Is 45: 22 “… I am God, and there is none else“
Look at some of the verses that show the true God exists in three persons:
- 1 Jn 5: 7 “…Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one“
- Jn. 10: 30 “I and my Father are one“
- Matt. 28: 19 “the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost”
- The Father is the Lord Eze. 20: 19, 26, 38, 42, 44
- Jesus is the Lord Phil. 2: 11; 1 Cor. 12: 3
- The Holy Spirit is the Lord 2 Cor. 3: 17
- 1 Tim 3: 16 “God was manifest in the flesh,” showing that Jesus is God
- Acts 5: 3, 5 “lie to the Holy Ghost … lied … unto God,” showing that the Holy Ghost is God
The Triple Point of water illustrates the Trinity. At 0.01 oC and 0.006 atm of pressure, pure water, ice and water vapor exist in thermal equilibrium (they are all present at the same time). They are all H20 and yet they are in three forms, simultaneously.