DO YOU KNOW IF YOU HAVE ETERNAL LIFE?
1 John 5:13 says, “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that YE MAY KNOW that YE HAVE ETERNAL LIFE, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.”
Here are five things you must know to be sure that you have ETERNAL LIFE. You must know that:
- Jesus says you are a SINNER who will die because of sin.
- Romans 3:23, “For ALL have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.”
- Romans 5:12, “Wherefore as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.”
- Jesus paid for ALL your sins by his death and shed blood.
- Romans 5:8, “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
- 1 Pet 2:24, “Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree.”
- Colossians 1:14, “In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:”
- Jesus ROSE from the dead.
- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4, “… how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures.”
- Jesus offers himself and eternal life to you as a GIFT.
- John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that he GAVE his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
- Romans 6:23, “For the wages of sin is death; but the GIFT of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
- Ephesians 2:8-9, “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the GIFT of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.”
You can’t earn it; eternal life is a GIFT.
- Jesus will make you a child of God, give you eternal life, and make you righteous, if you will RECEIVE him by believing on his name.
- John 1:12, “But as many as RECEIVED HIM, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that BELIEVE ON HIS NAME:”
- John 10:28, “And I give unto them ETERNAL LIFE; and they shall NEVER perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.”
- 2 Corinthians 5:21, “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin: that we might be made the RIGHTEOUSNESS of God in him.”
If you have not received Jesus Christ by believing on his name, then you already know that YOU DO NOT HAVE eternal life.
John 3:18 says, “He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that BELIEVETH NOT IS CONDEMNED ALREADY, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.”
John 3:36 says, “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that BELIEVETH NOT the Son shall not see life; but the WRATH OF GOD abideth on him.”
If you want to be saved and know for sure that you have eternal life, do what the Bible says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved,” (Romans 10:9). “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved,” (Romans 10:13).
1 John 2:25, “And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even ETERNAL LIFE.”
Life is short, Death is sure; Sin the cause, Christ the cure. Will you receive Jesus Christ and have eternal life today?