Cast Your Lot
[Prov. 18:18] “The lot causeth contentions to cease, and parteth between the mighty.”
- Your Bible is full of examples of where men cast lots to determine God’s will
- [1Sam.14:37-42] Jonathan chosen by lot
- Choosing something by lot should cause contentions to cease! If all parties agree to the method.
- In our world today Contentions are higher than ever before
- Yet we in America have the best methods on the planet
- We should be able to just flip a coin, draw straws, roll some dice, cut the cards, have each one pick a number between one and one hundred, right?
- Truly America has chosen a method of casting lots, your vote!
[Prov.16:33] “The lot is cast into the lap; but the whole disposing thereof is of the LORD.”
- Casting that vote is our only responsibility, God takes it from there.
- To cast – throw, fling or send
- Whole – all, total, entire, complete
- Disposing – setting in order, arrange, distribute, bestow, regulate, adjust, govern, direct.
- [Rom.9:17] “For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.”
- Pharaoh is an example of God disposing of…
Things to remember:
- [1 Cor. 6:20] “For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.” Our duty is to Glorify God
- [2 Cor.4:3-4]”But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.” Satan is the god of this world
Therefore, to Glorify God:
- [Rom.13:1-7] Be subject to, be not afraid, and render therefore honor
- [1Tim.2:1-4] Pray for
- [Isaiah 5:20] “Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!”
- We are living the evil/good days now
- Not meat and drink – physical and temporal
- Righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost
- Serve Christ in these, and you are acceptable to God and approved of men
- Do all of this to edify one another