What Can We Do In The Midst of Chaos?
The book of Jude is written with a tribulation application for the days right before the second coming of Jesus Christ. These will be very troublesome times. In this book we see an example for what we can do when we are faced with troublous times or times when your life may seem to be in chaos.
The example of troublous times:
- Ungodly men with false doctrine (verse 4)
- Men of Jude’s Day (verse 8)
- Brute Beast (verse 10)
- Way of Cain (verse 11)
- Error of Balaam (verse 11)
- Gainsaying of the Core (verse 11)
- Murmmers and Complainers (verse 16)
What can we do in times like these?
Contend for the Faith (verse 3)
How do we contend for the faith?
1) Must be in the Faith (verse 3)
- Ours faith is faith in Jesus Christ (Romans 3:21-28)
2) Build upon your faith (verse 20)
- We need things that edify (1 Timothy 1:4)
- Word of God (Romans 10:17)
- Prayer (1 Tim 2:1-2 ; James 5:16)
- Right living (1 Corinthians 10:23)
3) Keep the end of your faith in sight (verse 14)
- Jesus is still coming and prophesy builds faith (1 Corinthians 14:3)
- Judgement is coming with him (Acts 17:31)
- With compassion we may pull some out of the fire (verses 22-23)