Order or Disorder?
1 Cor.14:40 “Let all things be done decently and in order.”
1 Cor. 14:33 “For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace…”
God demands order:
- Details of His Creation (All created in perfect order) “and God saw that it was good”
- Details of the Temple, Sacrifices, and offerings (how many chapters and verses are devoted to these details?)
- [1Chro.13:1-4, 7-14] [1Chron.15:2, 12-13] Due order! Or bad things happen!
- God has a Family order – [1 Cor.11:3] God – Christ – man – woman…
I am by no means an expert in marriage and family matters. I have been blessed to have completed one “to death do you part” vow and am now on my second one. I have tried “order” both ways and can testify to which one works. Can you guess which way is best? God’s order, of course.
conformity or obedience to law or established authority; absence of
disturbance, riot, revolt, unruliness, etc. (Rom.12:2 not conformed to this
Disorder/ confusion – [Ps.71:1] “let me never be put to confusion”
Translation of Order– Two elements are needed:
Authority – Someone needs to be in charge (anything with two heads is a monster)
- Everything about this ministry is done under the
authority of God’s words, the Bible. Pastor is the under Shepard [1Pet 5:1-4]
- That authority is never questioned.
- That authority is the source of every decision
- That authority even when not completely
understood is still correct all the time.
Submission – Someone needs to obey
- [Prov.13:13] Rebellion leads to destruction, If I choose to despise anything, I am in charge / a house divided [Matt.12:25]
- [James 4:7-8] Submission allows you to draw closer to God
- [1 Pet. 2:13-15] Submission to authority is the will of God
In the world we live in today, it is very easy to see complete and total disobedience everywhere you look. So it would be easy to conclude that submission or lack of obedience is the problem with our families today. I believe that our biggest problem today is NO AUTHORITY. [Judges 21:25]. And therefore No Order. There is no King in the land and everyone does what is right in their own eyes. No order.
[Ps.119:133] Great Daily Prayer!
[Josh.24:15] Great Daily Choice!