Personal Time With God Gen. 19: 27 CLICK TITLE FOR AUDIO
Abraham is an excellent example of Morning Time with God: You must make it happen.
- He got up early in the morning [Ps. 5:3] David did the same.
- Abraham- a friend of God, David- a man after God’s own heart
- He had a special place [Matt 6:6] (You know where the food is at your house!)
- He did it daily, everyday!
- He stood before the Lord, waiting for the Lord to speak to him (To hear from God)
[II Peter 3:18] we are to Grow, we need nourishment, every day. Feed flesh or spirit.
Purpose of your Time with God
Fellowship with God – Communication a must in any relationship
Strength for the Day [Eph. 6:12]
Preparation for your Time with God
Go to bed early, get wide awake before reading or praying
Abraham stood, walk or pray out loud (pray during morning walks)
Put away distracting objects (cell phone, newspapers, tv, etc.)
[Psa. 46:10] Be Still, don’t do all the talking, listen
Seek the leading of the Holy Spirit [Rom. 8:14], He’s your teacher
Be willing to obey what you read. [Jn.2:5]
Come with a clean heart [Psa. 51:17] Regret, repent, [I Jn. 1:9] confess
Provisions for your Time with God
Bible – KJV, notes and commentaries can limit you
Paper and pen – thoughts and questions
Some sort of study or reading plan calendar
Before and After reading ask: (Pray Ps.119:18 before you start)
- What new thing have I learned today?
- Is there a command for me to obey?
- Is there an example for me to follow?
- Is there an error for me to avoid?
- Is there a sin for me to forsake?
- Is there a promise for me to claim?
- Did I learn anything new about God or His word?
Plan for your Time with God
Prevent it from becoming mechanical but make it Habitual!
Try to have it at the same time each day
Aim for Systematic plan, ½ reading & ½ prayer? And some time to just study!
Don’t be rigid, be filled, don’t get discouraged start again
Prayer in your Time with God
Adoration [Ps. 95:6] Humble yourself/ for who he is!!
Confession [Ps. 32:5] Repentance Change in Mind- Heart- Direction
Thanksgiving [Phil. 4:6] Anything and everything [Lk17:11] ten lepers
Supplication [I Tim. 2:1] for others / me, me [Heb. 4:16]
Problems with your Time with God
A daily battle, Satan, the world, and your flesh will make sure