Christ our High Priest, Still on the Job Heb. 4: 14-15 CLICK TITLE FOR AUDIO
We have a high priest that knows and understands our problems. He is our only hope for eternal life. Too many of us appreciate salvation and leave Jesus at the cross. The Lord Jesus Christ plays a huge role in our daily lives and this lesson is to remind you of how he works daily on our behalf.
A PRIEST IS A MEDIATOR, WHO INTERCEDES WITH A JUST GOD ON BEHALF OF GUILTY SINNERS.
1 Timothy 2:5 “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;”
John 14:6 “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
JESUS INTERCEEDED FOR YOU FOR YOUR SALVATION, HE DID NOT RETIRE!
Hebrews 9:24 He NOW appears in the presence of God for us.
Hebrews 7:25 He EVER LIVETH to make intercession for them.
WHAT DOES HE PLEAD FOR FROM GOD ON OUR BEHALF?
Grace The unmerited favor of God
Heb.4:16-17 Throne of Grace, Help in time of need
Phlip.2:6-7 Grace/ shown through kindness
- Col.1:9-11 strengthened with all might according to his power
- 2 Cor. 12:9 Paul, His strength is made perfect in weakness!
- 1 Peter 5:10 He wants to strengthen you
- Philp.4:13 Christ which strengtheneth me
- 1 Sam.17:45-47 David understood the strength of the Lord
Keep us from sin and temptation
- John 17:15 the evil
- Gal.1:4 evil world, He might deliver us from
- Heb.13:20-21 God’s will, perfect …. through HIM
- 1 John 2:1 advocate (one who pleads the cause of another)
- 1 John 1:9 faithful and just
Be conformed to His image
- Romans 8:29
- Sanctification John 17:14-17 Sanctify them through Jesus Christ
Past- Your spirit- 1 Cor.6:11
Present – Your soul – 2 Cor. 4:16 day by day
Future – Your body – Romans 8:21-23
Peace through Jesus Christ Troubles Rom.8:31, who can be against us
- Romans 5:1 Peace with God Verse 34, Christ maketh intercession for us
- Phlip. 4:7 Peace of God
All your needs 4:19 By Jesus Christ