The Lord has designed a reward system for his children. Like any father he gets pleasure when we earn rewards that he provides. These rewards show up in your Bible as Crowns. In Rev.4:10-11, we will cast them at the Lord’s feet because He is worthy. Don’t you want to have a crown or two to cast? Moreover, in the process of earning a crown you become far better skilled in each of these areas.
The Crown of Righteousness 2 Tim. 4:1-8
- Given to people who love His appearing
- Rev.22:20, the bible closes with “Even so, come, Lord Jesus”
- Phil.1:23-24, Your desire should be to be with the Lord.
- You won’t be loving his appearing if you are not doing right, unlike Paul, 2 Tim.4:7
- Rev.3:11 you can lose it.
- Don’t ever let the second coming of Christ become commonplace to you.
The Crown of Life James 1:12, and Rev. 2:10
- He didn’t say be faithful unto death and he’d give you eternal life.
- Eternal life is conditioned upon the blood of Christ.
- Jesus promised a crown of life to someone who will put up with temptation and resist it for His sake
- In James, it seems to be a reward for enduring temptation.
The Incorruptible Crown 1 Cor. 9:24, 26-27
- The passage is about staying in physical condition
- Verse 25, there is an Incorruptible crown for the child of God to win.
- Temperate means moderate in actions, behavior, etc.
- Heb.12:1, lay aside every weight and sin, what is the weight in your life?
- You ought to keep to the rules.
- 2 Tim. 4:7, “I have finished my course.”
- Heb.12:2, I have a course to run and I am to run to win.
The Crown of Glory 1 Peter 5:1-4
- For the faithful shepherd who feds the flock the word of God.
- It can apply to woman missionary, or a Sunday school teacher, or parents.
- The New Testament is very clear that all saved people are to be teaching someone the word of God, not just for preachers, Eph.4:11-16
- John 21:15-17 Feed my sheep
The Crown of Rejoicing 1 Thess. 2:19-20
- The soul winner’s crown, leading others to Christ, Phil.4:1
- Why? Luke 15:7,10 Every time a sinner gets saved there is joy in heaven.
- It’s different up there. Don’t go home empty handed.