Jesus Is All You Need Acts 26:18 CLICK TITLE FOR AUDIO
A friend once said, “I didn’t know that Jesus was all I needed until Jesus was all I had.” You don’t want to wait until you get to the place where you have nothing before you realize that, in Jesus, you have all you need. Jesus is all you need for:
Your Eternal Salvation – Acts 26:18 – in Acts 26:15 Jesus is talking to Saul, later Paul, telling him what will be accomplished through his ministry and preaching.
- To open their eyes. Jesus opened the eyes of the blind. Our eyes were affected by sin in the garden. Through Jesus we see the eternal things we can’t see with our eyes.
- To turn them from darkness to light. Jn 12:46 “I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.”
- To turn them from the power of Satan unto God. Before we were saved, we were children of the devil. When we were saved we became the sons of God. Only through Jesus is this possible.
- That they might receive forgiveness of sins. Only through Jesus do we have the forgiveness of sins. 1 Jn 1:9, 1 Jn 2:2.
- That they might receive inheritance. Jesus Christ is the heir [Matt 21] and with him we are joint heirs [Rom 8:17]
- That they might receive sanctification by faith that is in me. By faith in Jesus Christ we are cleaned up in the same miraculous way that he cleansed the lepers, made the lame to walk and made the maimed whole [1 Cor 6:11].
We walk by faith and not by sight. But after getting saved, most still walk by sight. They leave off with faith at that point. They have what they think is all that Jesus had to offer. But Col 2:6 says, “As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him.” Well, you received him by faith, so you need to walk by faith. And when you do, Jesus is:
Your Soul’s Satisfaction – Jn 4:14 – he is living water, a well of water springing up into everlasting life. In Jn 6:35 Jesus said, “I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.” As your body needs food and water, so your soul needs spiritual food and water. Jesus is the only person who can satisfy your thirst and hunger for righteousness… Matt 5:6, “Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.”
Your Lasting Peace – Jn 16:33 “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace.” Lasting peace is in Jesus Christ. You see his peace repeatedly in the Bible. There was great peace in the storm. There was great peace after his resurrection. To assimilate his peace, though, you must read and believe what he said… “These things I have spoken unto you,” Jesus said.
Your Purpose in Life – Jn 15:1-8 to bring forth much fruit [v.2], to be clean [v.3], for without me ye can do nothing [v.5], to pray and receive answers to your prayers [v.7], and to bring God glory [v.8]. Paul said, “For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain,” [Phil 1:21].
Conclusion: Jesus is all you need for life, for satisfaction, for peace and for purpose. These four things are the four things that concern people the most and they are all provided for you in Jesus Christ. Turn your eyes upon Jesus.