Creation Lesson #3 (Genesis 1:9-23)
In the previous lesson we saw that God created a firmament and separated the waters above the firmament from the water below the firmament and called the firmament Heaven.
Day Three : (Genesis 1:9-13)
On the 3rd day we see God forms the Seas and causes the dry land to appear and calls it earth. Also he brings forth the tress and the grass. Let us note some things specifically about these verses.
Verses 9-10 (Here God separates the waters that are below the firmament and calls them seas. He also brings forth the dry land and calls it Earth. Note the wording “let the dry land appear” as if it was already there.)
Verses 11-13 (It is important to note that the earth brought forth the grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree that yielded fruit after his kind. This plainly contradicts the theory of evolution.)
Day Four : (Genesis 1:14-19)
On the 4th day God creates the sun, moon, and stars and places them in the firmament called Heaven.
- Here God made the sun, moon, and stars. Note they are for signs, seasons, days, and years. And to give light upon the earth.
- The greater light is the sun and the lesser light is the moon.
- This is found in referenced again in Psalms 136:7-9
- Notice also that God named the stars Psalms 147:4-5
Now science will try and mess you up right here by saying that there is no way that the plants could have showed up before the sun. But we must remember that the first of all that with God anything is possible, remember he created everything. Secondly we are talking about 24 hour periods of creation so what if the plants were here first. It was only one day. Remember the warning that we gave on science at the beginning (1 Timothy 6:20-21).
Day Five : (Genesis 1:20-23)
On the 5th day God created the whales, fish and other water creatures and also the birds to fly in the open firmament the heaven.
- Note that the fish and the fowls bring forth after their kind. God is very careful to show that evolution is a lie.
- Birds and fish are connected because they both lay eggs.
- Whales are mentioned separate from fish because they are mammals.
- Note that the word “fill” is used in verse 22 in contrast to the word “replenish” that is used in verse 28. Obviously as we showed in lesson 2 something was here before Adam, but they were not water creatures.
Now there is something worth noting in verse 20. That is the first time that the word “life” shows up in King James Bible. Now that is very interesting because when one looks at the scripture in 2 Peter 3:8 (one day is as 1000 years and 1000 years is as one day). There was exactly 4000 years before the first coming of Jesus Christ. Which means as God sees it, Jesus would have came on the 5th day. And Jesus is the life and there is no life without him. (The Holy Spirit was certainly active in the King James Bible)
It is also important to note that water is connected with physical life. This helps us understand John 3:3-7. He that is born of water is a reference to a physical birth and has nothing to do with water baptism. (What happens before a woman gives birth, her water breaks)
Creation Lesson #3 (Genesis 1:9-23)
1) What happened on the 3rd day of the re-creation?
2) Why is the word “kind” important in this chapter?
3) What was created on the 4th day of the re-creation?
4) What was created on the 5th day of the re-creation?
5) Why are the birds and the fishes connected?
6) What is the reason for God making a distinction between whales and fish?
7) What two things do we see from the word “life” occurring for the 1st time in the Bible in vs. 20?