Three Things The Lord Is Looking For Ps.14:-1-7 CLICK TITLE FOR AUDIO
In this passage from the book of Psalm there is an interesting verse. In verse 2 we see that God looked down from heaven upon mankind to see if there were any that understood or were seeking him. Have you ever thought about being able to look down from heaven and see the earth as God sees it? What a thought. The verse says that God was looking for something, so in this sermon we will use the word of God to show us several examples of what God is looking for.
Three things that the Lord is looking for:
1) Sinners to save (Luke 19:10)
- The first step to getting saved is to see that you are a sinner (Romans 3:9-20,23).
- The second step is to look to Jesus Christ as the only way to heaven and ask him to save you trusting in his death, burial, and resurrection.
- For many pride is the thing that keeps them from getting saved (Psalm 10:4).
- You had better not put off getting saved there may come a day when it is to late (Isaiah 55:6 ; Proverbs 1:28)
2) A man after his own heart (1 Samuel 13:14 with Acts 13:22)
- When God told Saul that he would not establish his kingdom with him forever, he told him that he was looking for a man after his own heart.
- In Acts we see that David was a man after God’s own heart. This makes sense because it seems the biggest difference Saul and David was there heart. David committed some pretty serious sins but God did not take away the kingdom for him as he did Saul. God knew David’s heart.
- In Proverbs 4:23 the word of God says that the issues of life come from the heart. Therefore we are to keep our heart with all diligence.
- We also see that in Matthew 6:21 were our treasure is there will our heart be also.
- God is looking for people that have a heart for him.
3) For faith when he comes (Luke 18:1-8)
- We realize that the doctrinal content of the passage is Second Advent. But taking a spiritual application for saved people today the question becomes when Jesus returns at the rapture will he find you in faith.
- He brews 11: 6 tells us that without faith it is impossible to please him. And also he that cometh to God must believe that he is and a rewarder of them that diligent seek him.
- Also note the definition of faith in Hebrews 11:1 with 2 Timothy 4:8.
- If every day we lived our life looking for the Lord to return at the rapture of the church it would change our lives. It would also keep us out of a lot of sin.
If you are lost you must see yourself as a sinner and ask God to save you. If you are saved are you a man or woman after God’s own heart and how is your faith?