The unjust knoweth no shame. We live in a world of no shame. Things that caused shame in days’ past are no longer a big deal. The problem is that the church is becoming more and more like the world. Christians today seem to have no shame. Paul wrote to the Corinthians (I Cor.6:5) “I speak to your shame”. I believe back then there was some level of shame about the unjust actions that the Corinthians were taking part in and Paul could inform them and they would repent because of being ashamed. When was the last time you repented because you were ashamed in God’s eyes?
“I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you” (I Cor.4:14)
What should cause you to be ashamed?
- [Ps.25:3] Transgression or Sin
- Most folks become ashamed when they get caught!
- Every time you sin, you are caught, [Num.32:23] “be sure your sin will find you out”
- Your love for Jesus Christ should cause you to be ashamed each time you sin, because you know it grieves the one you love.
- [Isa.45:24] Rebellion
- Rebellion is never an accident; you choose to rebel, it’s a choice.
- [1 Sam.15:23] it is rejecting the word of the Lord, [Prov.13:13] it is despising the word
- [Isa.65:12-14] Reject God’s mercies
- [Rom.1:16] Don’t be ashamed of the Gospel!
- [Titus 3:5] “according to his mercy he saved us”
- [Luke 9:26] You don’t want the Lord to be ashamed of you!
How to avoid being Ashamed
- Verse 1 – Praise the Lord [Ps.34:1]
- At all times, Good and bad!
- Prove it by the things that come out of your mouth [Heb.13:15]
- Verse 2 – Humble yourself and boast in the Lord [1 Pet.5:5-7]
- Give God all the credit
- Humble your self
- Verse 3 – Exalt his name TOGETHER [Ps.133:1-3]
- You need to be in church
- You need each other
- Verse 4 – Wait on the Lord [Ps.25:3]
- He is faithful
- Be patient
- Verse 5 – Keep your eyes on the Lord [Heb.12:1-2]
- This world wants your attention
- Jesus Christ deserves your attention