Stuff is Usually Where You Put It Deut. 10:1-5 CLICK TITLE FOR AUDIO
When God gave Moses the second tables of stone after he had broken the first ones, he placed them in the ark as he had been instructed. Note the phrase that he used in verse 5 “and there they be”. That is an interesting thought because usually when we put something in a place that is where it is at whether we remember where we put it or not.
In this passage we see an interesting thing with the tables of Stone being put into the ark. The tables were written with the finger of God. In Exodus 8:19 when the magicians of Egypt could not reproduce the miracle of turning dust to lice they called it the finger of God. The reason that the magicians could not turn dust to lice is because that is original creation, life from dust. Man was created from dust and God created him for his pleasure but when man sinned that was interrupted.
The purpose of the ark was so that God could commune with man from above the mercy seat (Exodus 25:22). That is interesting because just under the mercy seat would be the tables of stone God’s handwritten word. The ark was placed inside the Tabernacle and the purpose of the tabernacle was so that God could have a place to dwell among his people (Exodus 25:8).
In 2 Corinthians 5:1-10 our bodies are said to be a tabernacle. Therefore God wants to dwell within man and commune with him Jesus Christ from the inside. In this we see two very important things, salvation and eternal security.
Salvation: (Colossians 1:27 ; Revelations 1:5)
Eternal Security: (John 10:27-30 ; Philippians 1:6)
When we are saved we are put into the body of Jesus Christ and he is also put within us. Our sins are put under the blood and we are said to be in the hand of Jesus who is in the hand of God. Therefore where God puts something there it be.
As saved people there are some things that we put in certain places and where we put them is where they are at.
1) Our faith is where we put it.
- In regards to Salvation we are given enough faith to be saved (Ephesians 2:8-9) and this faith comes from the word of God (Romans 10:17).
- But after we are saved we are to walk by faith and not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7).
- To do this we must put our faith in the word of God and follow what it says.
- The question becomes where is your in the word of God or in something else? The answer is where you put it.
2) Our heart is where we put it.
- In Colossians 3:1-4 we are told to set our affections on things above. Our affections are things that affect us.
- Where is your heart on things of this world or things of God? Remember it is where you put it.
3) Our treasures are where we put them.
- In Matthew 6:19-21 we are told not to store up treasures on this earth where moths and rust doth corrupt them. But we are to store up our treasures in heaven.
- Where are your treasures, in heaven or on earth, remember they are where you put them.