The Lord divides, separates, and sets bounds, or boundaries. We need boundaries in our lives to provide stability, separation, and security. You probably have locks on your doors and windows at home. In doing that, you have set boundaries that others are not to cross. Let us look at a few verses in the Bible that explain the benefits of boundaries.
Boundaries do three things:
- We are unstable [Eph.4:14-15] [Jas.1:6-8]
- Foundation [1Cor.3:11] [Isa.28:16] can’t make any fatal errors within Him.
- Fortress [Ps.71:3] you are very stable there
- Freedom [2Cor.3:17] The Liberty in Christ that you have is all within the boundaries that he has set up for you.
- “Come out from among them…” [2Cor.6:14-18] Boundaries separate you form the world, flesh and the devil.
- Hedged in… [Job 1:10] under God’s protection, God’s boundaries
- You have a set of rules to play by – the Bible, God’s boundaries in print.
One example of boundaries:
43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor (lev.19:18), and hate thine enemy (Deu.23:6).
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Love – [John 13:34-35] A new commandment, we should love our enemies with the same love in which Jesus Christ loved us; we should desire that every one of them come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. [Prov.24:17-18]…Turn away his wrath; we can get in the way of God’s correction in their life. Vengeance is mine…. [Deu.32:35] [Rom.12:19]
Bless – [1 Pet.3:8-9] to bless them simply means not to return curse for curse, [1 Thes.5:15] Remember that the goodness of God…repentance [Rom.2:4]
Do Good – [Prov.25:21-22] (don’t pay their rent or car payment) the boundaries are necessities, food to eat and water to drink.
Pray for – [1 Tim.2:1-6] All; When enemies reach this point of abuse toward you, all the verse is saying is to pray for them, not anything more. This is a boundary.