The Storms of Life
Four Basic Reasons for the Storms of Life
- Storms that are of time and chance, Ecc. 9:11 and Matt.5:45, no one is exempt.
- Storms that are engineered by our own foolishness, Jonah 1-2.
- Storms that God sends us into for development, Matt.8:18.
- Storms that we are dragged into by other people, Acts 27:9-11.
- Sometimes children get into storms because of unwise or ungodly parents.
- Sometimes a country goes through storms because of bad leadership.
- Most of the time, we really can’t do much about it, this is where Paul was.
Five Ways to Sink Your Own Ship
- Make your decision in haste, Acts 27:9 (when much time was spent)
- You can make mistakes with long term consequences, 2 Sam.4:4
- In your haste, you may get ahead of God, Ps.27.14.
- Depend on worldly wisdom (Ship owner) rather than Godly wisdom (Paul), Acts 27:9-11/ Acts 23:11.
- The world, 1 John 2:15-17.
- Worldly wisdom vs. Godly wisdom, James 3:13-17.
- The Holy Spirit leads, Romans 8:14, never pushes.
- Take the easy way out, (not commodious to winter in) Acts 27:12.
- Jesus didn’t, Luke 4:1-13.
- Paul didn’t, 2 Cor.11:21-33.
- Just follow the crowd, (the more part advised) Acts 27:12.
The majority is almost always wrong.
- Numbers 13-14, the twelve spies
- 1 Samuel 8-10, “now make us a king”
- Matthew 27:20-22, they chose Barabbas
- Depend upon circumstances, (and when the south wind blew softly) Acts 27:13.
- Every open door is not of God, Satan opens doors, Gen.3:5-7.
DON”T SINK YOUR OWN SHIP!!!!