Neglect So Great Salvation Heb. 2:3 CLICK TITLE FOR AUDIO
We all tend to neglect things. Some thing s due to ignorance, we just don’t know any better. A child will not brush his teeth unless taught different. With things we don’t like to do, we will intentionally not do them, exercise for example. Finally being inattentive to matters can cause us not to do things due to distraction or carelessness.
- You are a Baby Christian (My testimony, Saved at young age, and never went to a Bible teaching church. never grew, continued to be a baby Christian, thus through ignorance I could not realize the gift that God had given me)
- [1Pet. 2:2] “As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:”
- [1Cor.3:1-2] fed with milk and not meat, Eat what you are able to eat!
- [Prov.30:8] “feed me with food convenient for me”
- [Job23:12] “I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food”
- No Idea of the value or Importance (Don’t give your child a new car) (care of a newborn, and the importance of no neglect due to ignorance)
Salvation is the foundation of your faith, Know all you can about it[Titus 2:3-5-7]
- Not your righteousness [2Cor.5:21]
- By His mercy [Rom.5:6-10]
- Regenerated – Born again [2Cor.5:17]
- Filled with the Holy Spirit [Rom.8:18]
- Justified – Declared Not Guilty [Rom.5:1-2]
- Made heirs – inheritance [1Pet.1:3-4]
Don’t Ignorantly Neglect Your Salvation!!!
- Unsaved that reject the Gospel [John 3:18 & 36] condemned already and God’s wrath abideth on him.
- Upset that are mad at God, It’s not going my way. (Testimony of “James the Seaman”, a young man that had lost his 1.5 year old son and was mad at God. He had no relationship with God, intentionally. After he heard the good news of the gospel and was given the hope of seeing his son in heaven, he turned the tears of grief into tears of joy when he received the Lord as his savior. )
Unsaved, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ
Upset, Trust that God’s ways are perfect!
- Letting something burn on the stove
- Not completing the maintenance on a vehicle
- Got saved a long time ago, not as fresh to us, [Ps.118:24] “This is the day which the Lord hath made: we will rejoice and be glad in it”
- Unthankful, [Ps.68:19] “Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation” [Ps.103:2] Bless the Lord, o my soul, and forget not all his benefits”
- The Cares of this world [Mark 4:19] 19 And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.
Don’t be inattentive, but be attentive to your salvation!
Encourage the Lost
Exhort the saved to NOT NEGLECT SO GREAT SALVATION