Marriage is of God (Part 1, the Purpose)
Are you seeking the “right one” rather than becoming the “right one”
Do you have unrealistic expectations? If so, Prov.13:12 – you may make your heart sick.
Base your expectations on God’s expectations – Ps.62:5
- Gen. 2:18 “It is not good that the man should be alone;”
- Ecc.4:7-12 – alone is vanity
- I Cor.7:1-2 to avoid fornication
- I Cor.7: 3-5 to avoid Satan’s temptation
- Gen. 2:18 “I will make him an help meet for him.”
- “meet” means suitable, qualified, or adapted
- I Cor.11:8-9 – woman created for the man
- I Peter 3:7 – weaker not lesser, i.e. gold vs. iron – the weaker is not the lesser
- Gen. 2:24 “Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother…”
- I Cor. 11:3 – A male is not a man till his head is Christ.
- I Cor. 11:3 – a female’s head is her father until she is married, then her husband.
- Gen. 2:24 “and shall cleave unto his wife, and they shall be one flesh.”
- Matt.19:3-6 – “joined” together in marriage
- Eph. 5:31 – the church is joined to Christ
- Gen. 2:25 “And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.”
- God is clear here, it does not say “both naked, the man and the woman”: the only time sex is allowed by God is in marriage.
- Sex between a man and his wife is honorable and not defiling, no shame. Heb.13:4