Important Components of a Plan
The feeding of the five thousand is a very familiar passage. The dilemma of how to feed them was used by the Lord to “prove” or test the disciples. But in verse 6 he also said “for he himself knew what he would do”. Jesus had a plan. His plan worked perfectly. Let’s look at the components of his plan, and see how useful they can be in our life plans.
- Take Inventory Verse 9
- What do you have? Possessions
- Who do you know? Networking
- What do you need? Skills, Experience, etc.
- Be Organized Verse 10
- 1 Cor.14:40 “Let all things be done decently and in order.”
- 1Cor.14:32 “For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace…”
- Expedient – 1Cor.10:23, 6:12 don’t get distracted.
- Give Thanks Verse 11
- I Thes.5:18 “In everything give thanks…” the will of God
- Phil.4:6-7 – the peace of God
- Enlist Others Verse 11
- Ecc.4:8-12 – the reward of others
- Prov.19:20-21 – counsel
- Don’t Waste Anything Verse 12
- Deu.8:18 – God gives you the power to get wealth
- Eph.5:15-16 – God only gives you so much time.
- Results in more than you needed or expected Verse 13