Genesis 6:8 God’s Grace for Noah CLICK TITLE FOR AUDIO
Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord. So, we want to search through the scriptures to find out what grace is and what it does.
The first three times grace shows up in the Bible, it is connected with someone being delivered from wrath and destruction.
- Noah was delivered from the flood that destroyed the earth.
- Lot was delivered from the fire that destroyed Sodom & Gomorrah, Gen. 19:19.
- Jacob was delivered from Esau, who wanted to kill him, Gen. 33:8,10
Now, when we jump forward to the New Testament, we find that grace came from Jesus Christ. As a matter of comparison, look at Jn.1:17, “For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.”
A lot of people have tried to keep the law as a way of gaining the grace of God and being delivered from His wrath in Hell. But notice that grace doesn’t come by the law; neither can the law deliver you from Hell.
- The law worketh wrath, instead, Rom. 4:15.
- The law merely points out sin, Rom. 7:7.
- The law demonstrates that sin is exceeding sinful; it will kill you, Rom. 7:13.
- The law will not and cannot justify you, Gal. 2:16.
Grace, on the other hand, is what you need to be delivered from wrath and destruction.
- Where sin abounds, grace much more abounds, Rom. 5:20.
- Where sin reigns only until it kills you, grace reigns eternally, Rom. 5:21.
- You are saved by grace, Eph. 2:8-9.
- You are forgiven by grace, Eph. 1:7.
- You are justified (declared not guilty) by grace, Rom.3:24.
- You have access to grace by faith (believing God’s words), Rom. 5:2.
- Grace is free, Rom. 5:2.
So, making application to you, there was nothing that Noah, Lot and Jacob could have done to save themselves from the coming destruction. God had to extend them grace and that’s why they were spared. They believed God and did what he said. There is nothing that you can do to save yourself from Hell. God will extend you His grace when you trust Jesus Christ by faith to save you.