Are You Still Looking For Another
John had a reason for asking the question that he ask in the way he asked it because Israel had been promised a Prophet like unto Moses (Deuteronomy 18:15-19). So Jesus told John to look at miracles he had done because if he was that prophet like unto Moses then he would have the signs that Moses had.
In this sermon we are going to look at the first three signs given to Moses, and how they are connected to Jesus Christ. These signs were given to show Israel that God had appeared unto him and that he would lead them out.
The three sign given to Moses (Exodus 4:1-9)
(We will look at these signs in reverse order to show to make a spiritual application regarding us today)
#3) Water becomes into Blood (This shows us that something is wrong with our blood)
- 1st plague on Egypt (Exodus 7:14-19)
- Jesus’ first miracle (John 2:1-12)
- Blood is the problem with our flesh (Leviticus 17:11-16)
- Jesus had God’s Blood (Acts 20:28)
- Blood and water came out when he died on the cross (John 19:34)
#2) Moses’ hand became leprous and was healed (This shows us we need healing)
- Leprosy is a great type of sin in the bible.
- Jesus touch a leper to heal him (Matthew 8:1-4)
- The High Priest could touch a leper with blood as a part of pronouncing him clean (Leviticus 14:1-14).
#1) Rod turned to a Serpent and back to a Rod (This shows us only a Resurrection can fix our problem)
- Jesus is the Rod (Isaiah 11:1)
- Jesus became a serpent (sin) on the cross (2 Corinthians 5:21 ; 1 Peter 2:24 ; John 3:14)
- Jesus becomes the Rod again in the Resurrection (Number 17:1-13 ; Hebrews 9:28)
- Aaron’s first use of the Rod was counterfeited by the Egyptians (Exodus 7:10-13), but their rods were swallowed up by Aaron’s rod so they did not get to go back to rods again. When we are resurrected death is swallowed up in victory (1 Corinthians 15:55).
God certainly did RAISE UP a prophet (Acts 3:22-26), are you still looking for another?