Why Would Anyone Risk Going to Hell
In this sermon we will look at the question of why would anyone risk going to Hell when there is the option of going to heaven. The passage from Isaiah will help us to answer this question.
Illustration of the sign. “Go to heaven for the climate, go to hell for the company”
Realities of Hell
- Psalm 9:17 (The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God)
- Proverbs 27:20 (Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied)
- Mark 9:43 (It is a fire that shall never be quenched)
- Luke 16:19-33 (Place of torments in flames, Place of no escape, Place of remembrance, Place that no one wants anyone else to come)
Why would anyone risk going to this place?
They believe that it will not happen to them (Isaiah 28:15), because they have made a covenant with death and are in agreement with hell.
How could anyone believe it will not happen to them?
1) They have made lies their refuge (Isaiah 28:15)
- Examples (There is no God, Evolution, Bible written by man, Rich man and Lazarus is just a parable)
2) They have hid themselves under falsehoods (Isaiah 28:15)
- Good works will get me to Heaven.
- Church membership or baptism is what I need to get to Heaven.
- Loving God would not send them to Hell (Look at Isaiah 53:10-12)
What is the truth of the Matter?
The truth is that Jesus Christ is the only way that you will make it to Heaven (Isaiah 28:16).He the corner stone (1 Peter 2:4-8 ; Luke 20:17-18). One day God will judge by the line of righteousness that is found in Jesus Christ (Isaiah 28:17 ; Acts 17:31)
The end result without Jesus Christ is Hell (Isaiah 28:18)
- Note their covenant and agreement with Hell will not hold up.