In this lesson from the book of Joshua we are going to look at the success of Rahab. In the passage Rahab is a type of Salvation. Rahab was not born again or saved as we are today but we will show what happened in regards to her saving her life as a type of our salvation.
Rahab as a type of Salvation:
1) She heard and believed (verses 9-11)
- Rahab had heard what God had done for the children of Israel and she believed that he was the God in heaven and in earth.
- Salvation for us today is by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9) and this faith comes by hearing the word of God (Romans 10:17).
2) She followed the word of the spies and placed the scarlet cord in the window of her house and was saved from death when the Israel conquered Jericho (verses 18-21).
- Because it was Old Testament Rahab need the works with her faith so she did exactly what the spies told her.
- For us today our method is based on faith alone (Romans 10:9-13)
3) Her Salvation was connected with a scarlet cord (verses 18,21)
- The color scarlet is not by accident it is connected with blood.
- Our sin is likened to the color scarlet (Isaiah 1:18)
- It is the blood of Jesus Christ that saves us from our sin (Ephesians 1:7 ; 1 Peter 1:18-19 ; Revelation 1:5)
Rahab not only saved her life, but went on to be the mother of Boaz and was in the lineage of Jesus Christ (Matthew 1:5).
For us today salvation is the ultimate success and it comes on by grace through faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ.
Rahab’s Success : Handout
1) What is Rahab a type of in this passage?
2) Make an outline for Rahab being a type of Salvation.
3) Other than being delivered from the fall of Jericho in Joshua 6 where do we see the success of Rahab?