After This the Judgment
Even most lost folks know that one day there will be a judgment. The Bible is very clear on this fact. There are several judgments spoken of in the Bible, but for this lesson we will just look at two. The White throne judgment and the Judgment Seat of Christ. Everyone will stand before one of these. Everyone will be judged.
Why must we be Judged?
- [Rom. 3:10] “There is none righteous, no not one:”
- [Rom. 3:23] “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;”
- [1 Jn.1:8] “If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.”
What is the result of sin? We all (including saved people) still sin, and all will be judged.
- [Rom. 6:23] “the wages of sin is death”
- Adam and Eve were eternal [Gen.1:27], until sin entered into the world [Rom.5:12]
The White Throne Judgment [Rev.20:11-15]
- Everyone, except those who are born again during the church age, will be judged
- If you are not saved, you will be judged in righteousness with Jesus as the standard, [Acts 17:31]
- Old Testament Saints
- Tribulation Saints
- Millennial Saints
- Not all will be thrown in the lake of fire
You don’t have to be judged at the White Throne because of what Jesus paid for you!
- [2Cor.5:21] “He made him to be sin for us”
- [Isa.53:6] “laid on Him the iniquity of us all”
The Judgment Seat of Christ [2Cor.5:10] [Rom.14:10-12]
- Must give an account of yourself to God, there will be no opportunity to place blame on anything or anyone besides you.
- We will receive according to what we have done in our body, good or bad
- [1 cor.3:12-15] We will suffer loss or receive reward, our work tried by what sort it is.
Why can a saved person sin and not have to go to the White Throne Judgment?
- Before salvation sin directly affected your soul, they were attached [Lev.5:1,2,4,15,etc.]
- As a result of salvation, your soul and body are separated [Col.2:11-12] Spiritual circumcision
- You are preserved, [1 Thes.5:23] blameless or justified [Gal.2:16][1Cor.6:11]
- You are sealed, [Eph. 4:30, 1:13-14]
- When you got saved Jesus Christ paid for all your sin, past, present and future; the sin of the present and future is not forgiven, you need to keep a short list [1 Jn.1:9]
- Sin can’t affect your soul but will affect your flesh and your relationship with God.
- [2 Cor.5:11] Let we persuade you to take heed.