How to be Prosperous and of Good Success
In this passage We can see how to be prosperous and have good success in the responsibility that the Lord may give you. Joshua was a young man that God had just given the responsibility of leading the children of Israel into the promised land. You are at the age in life where prosperity and success are important to you. Every responsibility that you are given is an opportunity to take a step in that direction. Just like Joshua, our part starts with being strong and of a good courage, or even very courageous.
Be Strong – Strength
- Prov.10:29 “The way of the Lord is strength”
- Prov.24:5 “A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength”
- 1 Pet.2:2 desire the word, so you can grow thereby
A Good Courage – Courage is doing the right thing even when it is not convenient.
- Ps.31:24“Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord” Your courage is built on whatever you are hoping or trusting in. Prov.21:31
- Jos.2:11 they lost all courage
Three things that come with Responsibility:
- Verse 7, God was requiring obedience
- Choices that you make directly affect your prosperity and success, with lasting scars.
- Every choice needs to be made based on what God thinks about it.
- Verse 8, God said to meditate on His word, “that thou mayest observe to do”
- He also said “… the law shall not depart out of thy mouth”
- God wants you to fix yourself FIRST, before you use any of your authority to fix others
- Luke 6:41-42, Don’t be a hypocrite, get the beam out first. Lead by example.
- Verse 9, prosperity or success doesn’t include fear
- To never leave thee, nor forsake thee is a promise of God, Heb.13:5
- Prov.29:25, the fear of man is a snare
- 2 Tim.1:7, Fear doesn’t come from God
- Rom.14:23, Fear is evidence of no faith, and is also sin
Take one step at a time, even Joshua had issues, Joshua 7:1-13, but he got back up and had success.