Are Ye Able?
1 Cor. 3:1-2
One sign of a full grown adult is that he is able to feed himself. He not only knows how, but what to eat to provide him the best health possible. If your nutrition is perfect, then your growth, energy, and production will be at its best. Are you able to feed yourself?
[John 21:15-17] Peter was commanded to feed the sheep
[Acts 20:28] Paul commanded the elders to feed the flock of God
[1Pet.5:2] peter is passing on the commandment
My responsibility is to feed His sheep.
[I Pet.2:2] New born babes are fed milk, not meat.
- Babies are fed and cannot possibly feed themselves. They are not able.
- No physical ability or skill
- When you are newly saved you have no way to feed yourself.
- Babies don’t know what to eat. They try to eat their fingers, or anything they get in their mouth!
- You will seek out the wrong things to eat, Christian Book store!
- Babies Will starve to death if they are not fed.
- They cry because of hunger, and cannot fix the problem
- The world is starving; they know not what for.
- Babies will not grow correctly if not fed properly.
- Feed a baby once a week and see how well they grow and develop.
- You need to be desiring every opportunity available to be fed.
Christians at any age spiritually must “desire the sincere milk of the word” that they may grow. Without the Word YOU WILL NOT GROW. This milk is the truths and basic doctrines of the Bible.
- Eternal security
- Two ordinances of the church, baptism and the Lord’s supper
- You are a tri-part being, body, soul, and spirit
- Serving God
- Armor of God
- Love of God
- Fear of God
[1 Cor.3:1-2] Adolescences should be able to start on some meat.
- At this age you only eat what you like, not necessarily what you need.
- You only go to the services you like, read only the chapters of the Bible you like
- At this age you just want it to taste good.
- You need to desire to “clean your plate” like your mom should have insisted.
- At this age you may eat till you get sick, not knowing when you have had enough.
- [Prov.25:16] Too much of a good thing is not good!
- At this age you may not eat on a regular schedule, but may be very sporadic.
- Regular reading and regular studying, they are different!
Christian adolescences should develop the ability to eat when and what they need, not just what they like.
[Heb.5:12-14] Full age folks should be able to teach.
- At this age you should be able to feed yourself. Go to the Bible and get direction and knowledge from God, or know who to ask! Pastor used to not answer my questions at first so that I would go and study it out [2 Tim.2:15]. Its work.
- At this age you should understand the “milk” of the word, and be able to feed someone else. [1 Pet.3:15]
- At this age you should be spiritually healthy, and be reproducing. Healthy sheep reproduce!
Are you able to feed yourself? Are you able to feed someone else? No matter where you are in these stages of growth you can catch up and be where God wants you to be.