God has given each one of us a free will. You make all of your own choices. Each choice may be affected by different circumstances, but you make all of your own choices. If you are a born again, child of God, you have made the choice to accept Jesus Christ as your savior; you and no one else. You choose good and refuse evil, and some time you choose evil and refuse good, but it is always your choice.[Isa.7:14-16] Jesus, from a child was fed with butter and honey, (both types of the word of God) and knew to choose good and refuse evil. But he also had a free will and not only had knowledge, but made the correct choices. [Lk.22:42] “…nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done” [Rev.4:11] We have a purpose in life, to please God. [Jn.8:29] Jesus “…for I do always those things that please him.”
Well, there is our example, go and sin no more! I wish it was that easy, don’t you? Why do we make bad choices? There are a multitude of reasons we could explore in your Bible, but let’s just look at one area for now. No Fear of God, [Rom.3:10-18] [Prov.1:29] You may not choose the fear of the Lord because you hate knowledge.
- [Prov.5:11-13] This description is not just for the strange woman, but for all sin, [Rom.6:23], the wages of sin is death.
- [John 14:15] If ye love me, keep my commandments. If you choose not to do the things that the Bible says to do, then you hate knowledge and don’t love the Lord.
- There is no middle ground, [Prov.13:13] Despise his words or fear them
- Remember that we are here to please Him, not men.
- [Col.3:22-25] Don’t be a men pleaser, fear God.
- Do you make all of your choices based on pleasing God and fearing him?
- [2Tim.1:7] Beware of the “spirit of fear”, it is not from God!
- You will give away your power, and quench the Spirit of God [1The.5:19] that supplies your power, [Acts 1:8] This “spirit of fear” seems to always show up when you are weak, but thank God that He is ready to supply strength at that very time! [2Cor.12:9-10]
- You will misplace your love, [Col.3:2] it directs your love to the wrong things
- You will not have a sound mind, [1Cor.2:16] we have the mind of Christ, take full advantage of his ways, they are perfect,[Ps.16:30]