Boundaries Deut. 32:7 CLICK TITLE FOR AUDIO
The Lord divides, separates, and sets bounds. We need boundaries in our lives. The worst thing God could do to any of us is to just back off and remove all our boundaries. We need them in our lives to provide stability, separation, and security. You probably have locks on your doors and windows at home. In doing that, you have set boundaries that others are not to cross. Let us look at a few verses in the Bible that explain them.
Boundaries do three things:
- We are unstable [Eph.4:14-15]God gives us stability in Doctrine – KJV Bible,
- [Jas.1:5-8]Double minded man is unstable– dual authority is unstable
- [1 Pet.5:10] we are provided with stability, “settle us”, by suffering
- A stable Foundation [Isa.28:16] [1Cor.3:11] can’t make any fatal errors within Him.
- “Come out from among them…” [2Cor.6:14-18] Boundaries separate you form the world, flesh and the devil.
- Separation between your soul and your sin [Col.1:11-13]
- Hedged in… [Job 1:10] under God’s protection, God’s boundaries
- Fortress [Ps.71:3] you are very secure there
- You have a set of rules to play by – the Bible, God’s boundaries in print.
One example of boundaries: Principles of Loving your neighbor
43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor (lev.19:18), and hate thine enemy (Deu.23:3-6).
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Love – [John 13:34-35] A new commandment, we should love each other with the same love in which Jesus Christ loved us; we should desire that every one of them come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. [Prov.24:17-18]…Turn away his wrath; we can get in the way of God’s correction (boundary) in their life. Vengeance is mine…. [Deu.32:35] [Rom.12:19]
Bless – [1 Pet.3:8-9] to bless them simply means not to return curse for curse, [1 Thes.5:15] Remember that the goodness of God…repentance [Rom.2:4] (not you – boundary)
Do Good – [Prov.25:21-22] (don’t pay their rent or car payment) the boundaries are necessities, food to eat and water to drink.
Pray for – [1 Tim.2:1-6] All; When enemies reach this point of abuse toward you, all the verse is saying is to pray for them, not anything more. This is a boundary.