Keep it Simple II Kings 5:1-14 CLICK TITLE FOR AUDIO
This passage is an example of just how simple the Christian life can be. Naaman had leprosy, a type of sin in the Bible, and was directed to a man of God. He then was given some instructions. All he needed to do was to “wash and be clean”. He, like us, wanted to make it harder than it really was. There was a solution to his problem. We need to keep it simple in our Christian life.
Keep a Simple Perspective Verse 1
- Enjoyed the blessings of God
- Successful, Honorable, might man of valour
- Because of God!
- Endured same problems we do
- But he was a leper, a type of sin, it kills, it scars, and others can see it.
- He had a serious problem, deadly
- We all have the same problem, [1 Jn. 1:8] we deceive ourselves!
Keep away from Simple Presumptions Verses 2-7
- Depending on Your Power – Verses 5-6
- Money or influence, will not fix your sin problem
- King of Israel knew better – (Seek Godly Counsel)
- Elisha stepped in – (The King needed counsel)
- Depending on Your Plan – Verse 11-12
- “I thought…” [ Prov.3:5-6] your plan is based on your understanding, not good
- The more involved and detailed, the more excuses we can have for failure, Verse 13
Keep your Christianity Simple Verse 13-14
- The Man of God said Wash and be Clean
- Every one of us has Leprosy and you come to church and hear the simple Truth, and leave in a rage
- Take God at his word, it’s simple
- Verses 2-3, a little maid could tell others. We make telling others harder than it is.