Living Without Offense
Do you know anyone living without offense in this world today? It seems that everyone is a victim, and everything that affects you is someone else’s fault. You can hire a personal injury attorney for virtually any cause, and win! Paul was praying for the church in Philippi to “be without offense”. I believe God wants us to live without offense in this “present evil world” [Gal.1:4]. This is not to say that you will not be offended, [Luke 17:1] offenses will come. We should be “giving no offense in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed” [2Cor.6:3]. This life of yours is bigger than you!
Living without offense, How to?
- [Verse 9], Your love needs to abound more and more in Knowledge
- [Rom.5:5] Love of God is shed abroad in your heart by the Holy Ghost
- [Gal.5:22] Love is fruit of the Spirit
- [1Cor.13] Chapter on Love
- Verse 4, suffereth long
- Verse 7, beareth all things, endureth all things
- [Luke 17:3-4], We are to forgive
- [Eph.4:32] [Col.3:13] Because Christ forgave you
- [Heb.12:14-15] Will lead to bitterness
- [Verse 9], Your love needs to abound more and more in all Judgment
- [Rom.14:10-13][2Cor.5:10] You will account for yourself, not anyone else.
- Judgement of Self [Luke 6:41-42] behold the beam in your own eye
- Judgement of Discretion [Prov.19:11] defers your anger
- [Verse 10], You need to approve things that are excellent
- “to approve” means to like or be pleased with, do the things of God please you?
- Also means to discriminate between what is and what is not excellent, sin should offend you, all the time.
- [Prov.22:17-21 God’s Way, it’s in the Bible
If living without offense is a desire of yours, then work on your love of God by abounding more and more in knowledge and in all judgement, approving things that are excellent.