“Compromise” is not a word that is found in your Bible. According to the dictionary “compromise” means: a settlement of a dispute in which each concedes. To a Christian compromise is unacceptable because you must concede or sacrifice the principles of God. In this passage we see four compromises offered by Pharaoh the ruler of Egypt, a type of Satan the ruler of this world.
Gods command was clear: [Ex.5:3] “Let us go, we pray thee, three days journey into the desert, and sacrifice unto the Lord our God”
[Ex.8:25] Sacrifice in the Land (Sought to keep Israel in the Land)
FEEL GOOD – CHRISTIAN
- Partial fulfillment of God’s will
- Go to church and back home to serve the devil (168/hours in a week-1=167 for Satan)
- Today’s church, feels good No separation from the world
[Ex.8:28] Go not very far (Sought to keep Israel near the land)
BORDER LINE – CHRISTIAN
- Stay as near as possible to the world and sin
- Keep one foot in each
- Boy that fell out of bed explained it this way; I stayed too near where I got in.
- Burn the bridges! [Rom.13:14] make no provision for the flesh
[Ex.10:8-11] Let only the men go (Sought to divide Israel)
DIVIDED HOUSE – CHRISTIAN
- God’s family unit divided or a “house divided” [Matt.12:25]
- Example of TV, movies and modesty at church but not everywhere else
- [1 Cor.11:3] Wrong order in the family, divides the house
[Ex.10:24-27] let the people go but not the cattle (Sought to send them empty handed without the ability to serve the Lord)
HARD HEARTED – CHRISTIAN
- [Matt.6:21] For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
- The world wants your cattle, God owns them all [Ps.50:10]