In That Day Hag. 2:20-23 CLICK TITLE FOR AUDIO
At the 2nd Coming of Jesus there are three things that will happen in that day according to this text.
First, God will overthrow the kingdoms.
Second, God will destroy the militaries.
Third, God will resurrect Israel.
First – he chains up the devil, Rev 20 [because of Lk 4:5-6; the power and glory of kingdoms was and is his] because the Lord must bind the strong man to spoil his goods.
- He gets the antichrist – 2 Thes 2:8-9 – and the false prophet – Rev 19:20
- He gets the kingdoms – Dan 2
- He takes control of the kingdoms – Rev 11:15
Second – he destroys their military might [which is comprised of horses and chariots, Rev 19:18 – solar radiation renders our modern ordnance ineffective].
- Ezek 32:17-32
- Ex 15:1 is a historical prophecy concerning the horse and his rider [Rev 6] – Jer 51:21
- Mic 5:10
Third – He resurrects Israel Eze 37:1-14 – notice the references to these coming back or being here around the time of the Second Advent:
- Zerubbabel [Has 2:23]
- Disciples – Matt 10:23 [notice verse 22 in the context]
- John – Rev 10:11
- David – Jer 30:9; Eze 37:24; Hos 3:5