Yes, the devil can most definitely affect your mind!
The devil’s main tool is deception (Rev. 12:9). That is, he will make you believe something is true that is really false, or he will make you believe that something is false that is really true (2 Thes. 2:10). The best defense to this deception is to find out what the truth is and believe it. The main reason that people get deceived is that they will not receive “the love of the truth,” (2
- The devil can corrupt your mind from the simplicity that is in Christ through his subtlety (2 Cor. 11:3).
- The devil can blind the mind of them which believe not (2 Cor. 4:4).
- The devil can cause Christians to be shaken in mind by a spirit (2 Thes. 2:2).
- As the prince of the power of the air, the devil can cause people to fulfill the desires of the mind(Eph. 2:2-3).
- The devil can possess a man and take him out of his right mind(Mk. 5:1-16).
- Before people get saved, the devil can come and take away the word out of their hearts lest they should believe and be saved (Lk. 8:12).
- The devil can fill your heart to lie to the Holy Ghost (Acts 5:3).
Now there are several things that you can do to prevent these awful things from happening to you.
- Get saved and God will give you the mind of Christ (1 Cor. 2:16).
- Realize that when you get saved, God gives you a “sound mind”(2 Tim. 1:7).
- Remember that each day you must be “renewed in the spirit of your mind” (Eph. 4:23). The best way to do this is to read plenty of Bible.
- Remember that God can read your mind. So, don’t pretend to God that you are thinking something good when you are really thinking evil thoughts (1 Chr. 28:9; Heb. 4:12; Eze. 11:5). Be honest with God or you’ll end up like the Pharisees.
- Fight with the “weapons of our warfare”… bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ (2 Cor. 10:3-6). Our primary weapons are:
- Humility(1 Tim. 3:6);
- Submission to God(Jas. 4:7);
- Resistance against the devil(Jas. 4:7);
- Acknowledgment of the truth(2 Tim. 2:25-26);
- Faith(Eph. 6:16);
- Forgiveness(2 Cor. 2:9-11);
- The blood of Christ(Heb. 9:14; Ps. 51:10);
- Spiritual mindedness [thinking on spiritual things] (Rom. 8:6);
- Putting on the whole armour of God [includes prayer] (Eph 6:10-18).
Hope this helps,
Pastor Bevans Welder