The Blueness of a Wound Prov. 20:30 CLICK TITLE FOR AUDIO
In order to have physical health we need to sometimes undergo surgery or other painful experiences to remedy the problem – friends I know have had Appendectomy; Intestinal polyp removed; Chemo therapy; Neck surgery; Leg surgery; Stint; Tumor removal and Dialysis; heart surgery; etc.
And the healing of the surgery took away the trouble that each was having so that they can now function more normally and they are not facing immediate danger.
Likewise, in order to have spiritual health [to cleanse away evil], we need to sometimes undergo chastisement, sorrow, agony, tears, grief, and pain that will beat down the flesh and cause the spirit to grow. The “whipping” needs to be severe enough to turn you “black and blue.” That way it changes you from the inside out!
Look at these great men and their lives and comments on suffering:
- Heb 5:8 Jesus learned obedience by the things that he suffered
- Heb 4:15 he was touched with the feeling of our infirmities
- 2 Cor 12:7-10 Paul suffered with a thorn in the flesh and other necessities
- Gal 6:17 Paul bore in his body the marks of the Lord Jesus
- 1 Cor 15:31 Paul said, “I die daily”
- Heb 12:5-11 Paul recommends chastening – we become partakers of the Lord’s holiness and by it he proves his love
- Rom 8:17-18 Paul said that the sufferings of this present time are not to be compared with the glory that shall follow
- 1 Pet 2:21 Peter said that we are called to suffer
All of this suffering is designed to make us spiritually healthy in Christ!!