Finding a Wife Prov. 18:22 CLICK TITLE FOR AUDIO
This lesson is about finding a wife biblically. In God’s original plan for marriage, the woman was created to be a help meet for her husband.
Marriage teaches you about the relationship you have with the Lord – you are to love your wife like the Lord loves the church.
Your wife is someone in whom you can confide – you are one flesh – no one knows you better than your wife – my wife advises me well and prays for me.
Here are some things to include in your relationship with your wife:
- Love her
- Pray with her
- Be honest with her
- Protect the boundaries between you
- Go to Church with her
- Read the Bible together
- Be willing to change, as necessary
- Be willing to stand your ground
- Keep Jesus in the center
And here are some pointers in looking for a wife:
- She must be saved
- She must love you
- She must be submissive
- She must be faithful
- She must be virtuous – Prov 31
- She should be beautiful [Inwardly – the hidden man of the heart] – 1 Pet 3 – she doesn’t need a lot of outward adorning to feel good about herself – her adorning should be in moderation.
Conclusion: Remember Prov 19:14, a prudent wife is from the Lord!