1 Peter 3:7
According to 1 Peter 3:7, your wife needs some things from you as a husband. Let’s look at what those are.
Dwell with them according to knowledge
- Know your wife –
- difficult for men b/c you aren’t wired relationally, empathetically
- difficult for men b/c you don’t think like she thinks
- Empathy – Hebrews 2:17-18 – Christ-likeness
- Know something about her chemistry
- Your wife wants you to understand her
Giving honor unto the wife
- Value your wife – God says she is priceless
- Recognize her God-given place in the home
As unto the weaker vessel
- 1 Timothy 2:13-15
- Not necessarily physical, although that’s generally true.
- Not mental.
- this is a spiritual weakness that translates into more opportunity for deception
- How can I be a help to my wife?
- She doesn’t need your bitterness when she wants to pull her hair out, she needs your understanding
- She needs to know she’s not the only one going crazy sometimes
- Husband, it’s your job to provide strength through
- Spiritual leadership
- Emotional understanding
As being heirs together of the grace of life
- Together – what you do, you do together
- Too common today are the husbands and wives who live separate lives but share a home
- You were husband and wife before you were mom and dad –