God’s Family Order
The Bible clearly spells out the order of authority God intends for man to adhere to. Along with the order of authority comes an order of submission. We will look in two passages (for by two or three witnesses is every word established). Most every problem found in the family today is rooted in an incorrect authority or a lack of submission.
- 1 Cor.11:3 Authority
- God is the Head of Christ (Phli.2:5-11)
- Christ is the head of the man (Matt.28:18)
- The man is the head of the woman (1 Cor.11:8-9)
- Eph. 5:22-33 Submission
- Wives submit to own husband (1 Peter 3:1-7)
- Church submits to Christ (Eph.5:24)
- Men love their wives as Christ loved the church (Eph.5:25)
- I Tim.2:12 Woman not to have authority over a man
- She can teach – not men (Titus 2:3-4)
- She has authority over children – (Eph.6:1-2)
As a man, Jesus Christ has authority over me and I am totally submitted to him. He has never once forced me to do or not do anything. I have authority over my wife and the same is true, I have never had need to force anything. The woman is called weaker vessel in 1 Peter 3:7. Gold is a much weaker metal than Iron. Weaker doesn’t mean less valuable.