A Child of the King Rev. 5: 9-10 CLICK TITLE FOR AUDIO
At this time of year, we are reminded that our Savior was born a King.
- The wise men from the east came looking for “the King of the Jews.”
- When Jesus rode triumphantly into Jerusalem, he was hailed as the King.
- When Jesus was accused by the Pharisees, he was accused for setting up himself as a King against the Roman authority.
- When he was questioned by Pilate he admitted that he was born into this world for the purpose of being a King.
- When he was crucified the accusation above his head was, “THIS IS JESUS OF NAZARETH, THE KING OF THE JEWS.”
He told Pilate, “my kingdom is not of this world … now is my kingdom not from hence.” So, we wait for the arrival of our king who will set up his kingdom and rule in righteousness.
In the meantime, this world is under the direct rule of a prince, the prince of this world, the prince of the power of the air, the god of this world, the angel of light, the devil, that old serpent called Satan.
So, powerful and intimidating is he in this rule that he convinces most Christians to cower in fear of his hatred for God’s children. They would rather compromise and cooperate with him in this world than stand with Jesus against his rule and wait for his overthrow. The reign of terror in Iran is a good example of how a people can fear a tyrant.
But we need to be reminded that we are Children of a King. You are a child of the king. Therefore, we have certain privileges, challenges and responsibilities that we must not forget, lest we cower to the evil tyrant of this world.
Look at your privileges as a Child of the King. We need to be reminded that no matter how the prince of this world treats us and how his avid followers despise us, we have some things they can never take away from us.
A ROYAL THRONE – Jesus was promised the throne of David Lk 1:32 and he will sit on the throne of his glory when he comes in his glory. And when he does, we will rule with him. The promise of royalty is to rule.
Rev. 1:5-6, but we have to suffer with him to get this reign “If we suffer with him we shall also reign with him.”
A ROYAL PALACE
Jn. 14:1-6 Many mansions. Rev. 21:10-27. Ahasuerus, Solomon, Catherine the Great inRussia. Ours will be better than theirs.
A ROYAL INHERITANCE
One of the great privileges of royalty, they get the money and the land and the prestige and the palaces and all the goodies. We get better but it’s in heaven right now 1 Pet. 1:4. We can’t see it but it has to be far and away better than this earthly stuff. Can’t wait? Hold on a little longer and remember that you have to suffer with Christ to get this too Rom. 8:17 “And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.”
A ROYAL PROVISION
The kids of royalty get lavish treatment while growing – they get everything they need and want. We get everything we NEED right now Phil. 4:19. Our king has a limitless store and literally provides it all. Don’t have enough, ask him or put forth more effort (2 Thes 3:10, don’t work, don’t eat).
A ROYAL PROTECTION
They give special protection to the children of royalty in the earth. We get special protection, too:
- 2 Tim 2:19- Eternal Security, “The Lord knoweth them that are his”
- Heb. 13:5 – unbroken fellowship Rom 8:35-39
- Not tribulation, distress, persecution, famine, nakedness, peril, sword
- Not death, life, principalities, powers, present, future, height, depth, creatures can separate us from the love of God
- Eph 6:10- whole armor of God
So, the next time you are intimidated by your adversary, just remember that you are the child of the great King. Don’t let ‘em get you down.