A Prophet Without Honour John 4:43-44 CLICK TITLE FOR AUDIO
A PROPHET WITHOUT HONOUR
It is strange that the very people that Jesus came to save (Matt.15:24) are the ones who refused to give him the honour due him. It is also true in history that the prophets were maligned for their preaching to help the Jews (Matt.23:31-35). You’ve experienced this with your family and friends when you tried to help them by giving them the gospel. The reason stems from something Amos said (Amos 5:10). And if anyone should have been honoured, it should have been Jesus Christ.
WHY? Because – God does – (Ps. 8:5) For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
And He did while Jesus was on the earth – (2 Pet 1:17) For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. They heard that God honored him this way at his baptism.
- His Worthiness – (Rev 4:11) Thou art WORTHY, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast CREATED all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
- His Greatness – (Ps. 104:1) Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art VERY GREAT; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.
- His Judgment – (John 5:22-23) For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all JUDGMENT unto the Son: That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. Courtroom talk – “Yes, Your Honor.”
- God’s Command – (1 Tim 1:17) Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
- Get Saved – (Jer 33:8-9) And I will CLEANSE THEM FROM ALL THEIR INIQUITY, whereby they have sinned against me; and I will pardon all their iniquities, whereby they have sinned, and whereby they have transgressed against me. And it shall be to me a name of joy, a praise and an honour before all the nations of the earth, which shall hear all the good that I do unto them: and they shall fear and tremble for all the goodness and for all the prosperity that I procure unto it. Jesus would say “It’s an honor to cleanse your iniquity.”
- Do Right – (Is. 58:13) If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, NOT DOING THINE OWN WAYS, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
- Praise Him in Humility – (Dan 4:37) Now I Nebuchadnezzar PRAISE and extol and honour the King of heaven, all whose works are truth, and his ways judgment: and those that walk in pride he is able to abase.
- Give – (Prov 3:9) Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:
- Win Souls – (Prov 14:28) In the multitude of people is the king’s honour: but in the want of people is the destruction of the prince.
- Lip Service – (Isa 29:13) Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men: “Keep thy heart with all diligence…”
- Self-Esteem John 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?