Discipleship #5 Sin Bro. Tony Seale CLICK TITLE FOR AUDIO
What should I do about sin?
What did God do about sin?
- From the very beginning God required blood for sin.
Genesis 3:21 (God killed an animal to make coats of skins)
Genesis 4:3-5 (Cain’s offer rejected because of no blood)
Exodus 12:12-13 (Israel escaped death of 1st born by blood)
Leviticus 17:11 (Blood was atonement for the soul)
- This left one problem, the blood of animals could not take away sins. (Hebrews 10:4)
- Jesus Christ solved this problem (Hebrews 9:11-15)
What about Past sins?
- When we get saved our sins are forgiven and taken away by the blood of Jesus Christ.
(Ephesians 1:7 ; Colossians 1:14 ; 1 Peter 1:18-19 ; 1 John 1:7 ; Revelation 1:5)
- As a result of this God doesn’t see or remember our sins former sins anymore.
(Isaiah 1:18 ; Isaiah 43:25 ; Psalm 103:12 ; Micah 7:19)
What about sin we commit after we are saved?
- Remember that we still have this flesh and it still desires to sin. (Romans 7:15-25)
- Therefore when we sin we must judged it as sin and confess it to God and he will forgive us of this sin (1 John 1:7-2:2)
What can we do to avoid sin after we are saved? (Romans 6:6-13)
- Know that the old man is crucified (vs. 6)
- Reckon or count the old man to be dead (vs. 11)
- Do not yield your body to sin (vs. 13)