Dealing With Temptation Eph. 2:1-3 CLICK TITLE FOR AUDIO
This study on “Dealing With Temptation” will take several weeks. In this study we will break dealing with temptation down into several components: the trouble with the mind, the trouble with lust, the flesh and the eyes, the trouble with the devil, finding help in the cross, finding help in the Lord Jesus, finding help in the Holy Spirit, finding help in the word of God, and finding help in prayer. After this series, we should be thoroughly equipped to deal with temptation.
A big part of the battle with temptation takes place in the mind. So, we have to study what the Bible says about our minds and what the Lord must do to straighten them out.
Eph 2:3 – Before we got saved, we fulfilled the desires of the _________ and of the ___________. Notice that these two things are different and so they must be studied as two separate problems.
Rom 8:5-7 – After getting saved, we are still capable of thinking like we did before we were saved because we now have two minds. We can be _______________ minded or _______________ minded.
Because we have both minds, it is possible for Christians to be tempted in the old mind and:
- Phil 3:19 – mind ______________ things.
- Eph 4:17-19 – walk in the ____________ of their mind, with bad results, Eph 4:18-19.
- Titus 1:15 – have their mind _____________.
- Rom 1:28 – end up with a ________________ mind, capable of Rom 1:29-32.
Fortunately, we do not have to use the mind we had before we were saved because we have:
- Mk 5:15 – a __________ mind.
- 2 Tim 1:7 – a _____________ mind.
- 1 Cor 2:16 – the mind of _______________.
In order to use this mind and cultivate it for the things of the Lord to overcome temptation you need to:
- Col 3:12 – think with ________________ of mind rather than a mind hardened in pride, Dan 5:20. It’s this kind of mind that will believe God’s words and appropriate them in faith.
- Rom 12:2 – be _______________________ by the renewing of your mind
- Eph 4:23 – be ___________ in the Spirit of your mind
- Lk 10:27 – __________ the Lord with all thy mind.