The Lord shows us very clearly in [Gal.6:7-8] that we reap what we sow. We always reap the same “kind” [Gen.1:11-12] of whatsoever we have sowed. If you sow tomatoes, you will reap tomatoes, not squash. In this lesson we are going to look at a few examples of the principal of sowing and reaping.
• [Deu.25:13-16] you must use a just measure
• [John 12:47-48] God’s word is the just measure
• [Jn.7:24] it is righteous judgment; don’t you want to be judged that way?
• “with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again”
• You reap what you sow
• [Matt.7:3-5] don’t be a hypocrite
• [Rom.2:1-4] you probably do the same things that you accuse others of
• [Rom.14:10-13] don’t judge people, judge the things they do
• If you want to be judged by the truth, then let that be the measure that ye mete, and you will reap what you sow.
Luke 6:38 Giving
• The Lord says that with whatever measuring cup you use to do your giving, the same will be used when he returns it back to you. Measure out your giving with a thimble and he will measure back to you using the same measure. He will also increase, “good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over”. Would you rather have a running over thimble or a fifty-five-gallon drum? The choice is yours.
• [2 Cor.9:6] sparingly or bountifully?
• [2 Cor.8:1-5] Giving is not just money, give of yourself, your time, and labor
• [Eph.6:18-19] give of your prayers
• If you like to receive, “with what measure ye mete…”, you reap what you sow
Mark 4:24 God’s words
• [verse 20] the context here is the parable of the sower and the seed, and the fruit brought forth from what is done with it. The Lord said “unto you that hear shall more be given”
• With what measure you “hear” his word; the same will be measured to you. Are you not getting much from God through your Bible reading? You are being measured back according to what you have put in.
• [Prov.2:1-9] knowledge, wisdom, and understanding take some effort on your part.
• Once again “with what measure ye mete…” you reap what you sow