Thoughts Prov. 23: 7 CLICK TITLE FOR AUDIO
“as he thinketh in his heart, so is he”
Most of us are unaware of how powerful our thoughts are. We have the power to control out thoughts. Your thoughts control your: Actions- sin begins with a thought, Emotions – you are what you think, sad, glad, mad, and Fellowship with God – separate you or draw you nearer.
- First time – [Gen.12:10-20] Pharaoh in Egypt
- Second time – Abimelech – King of Gerar. He had no reason to be afraid.
- [2 Tim. 1:7] For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
- Jacob had lost all hope of ever seeing Joseph again
- Wayward children, love ones and lost family and friends
- Christians should never be hopeless [Eph.3:20]
- [Titus 2:13] My hope is in Jesus Christ Hymn 272)
[2 Kings 5:11] Disappointed
- He was wroth, mad, upset, it was not going his way!
- [Proverbs 3:5-6] Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
- [Ps.18:30] “his way is perfect
- Illustration of my thoughts during this resent Rash, it consumed every thought of mine. There came a time that I had to make conscience decision to put it out of my mind, so that I could accomplish other things.
- [Ps.49:6-13] your blessings affect your thoughts, we tend to relate our physical things with our spiritual relationship with God. Those things have nothing to do with your fellowship with God.
- [1 Cor.8:2] if you think you know anything
- [Gal.6:3] if you think you be anything
- [1 Peter 5:5-6] Humble yourself…due time exalted…
[1 Cor. 13:11] Childish
- Childish thoughts need to be put away
- [Prov. 22:15] “foolishness is bound in the heart of a child”
- [Prov.24:9] “the thought of foolishness is sin”
The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations. Bible, Preaching, Hymns He has desires for us!!!
Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established. Commit your actions to the things of the Lord and your thoughts will change.
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
You will not find these on Television or social media.
But, if these things are what you think on, and “as he thinketh in his heart, so is he”, wouldn’t that be a great thing!!!!